Yesterday, 2nd May 2012, there were 3 separate visits from the Police National Network to this site.
Whilst we have seen the Police visit this site on a regular basis (presumably to see what is going on, or what is being published here), yesterday they decided to take a copy of the entire site using Rippers software.
Our security systems automatically put a ban in place for any visitor using the Rippers software (it does not discriminate), and consequently the Police National Network on this particular IP address is now banned.
Whilst this site is keen to cooperate with the Police on any genuine enquiry, it cannot condone the use of Rippers as an enquiry tool.
We will of course grant the Police access to this site again if they write to us, but we will want to be informed of the following before such access is granted.
1. What is your interest in the HDJ site.
2. Is there an ongoing investigation that warrants you visit the site.
3. If so what is the investigation name/reference number.
4. Who is in charge of the investigation.
5. What are the terms of the investigation.
6. Who authorised the use of Rippers.
It is the policy of the HDJ site to block ANYONE who uses Rippers.